With the summer coming this month, there’s plenty of incentive to get those outdoor spaces ready for entertainment. From arranging house paintings to sorting out outdoor cooking tools, tick these 10 items from your to-do list so you can get good things: hang around the grill, kicking back on the porch and savoring the season. Let the countdown to summer begin!
Photo from Forbes
Check out the contents of your list in an hour or less
3. Check the kitchen and bathroom facilities. Focusing on these areas helps to prevent costly water damage and subsequent repairs. Make a plan, as needed, to grind or re-clean around the counters and tiles. If you run into any slow leaks, fix them, too.
Photo from Elle Decor
5. Get ready for grilling season. Giving your grill a deep cleaning before the start of the season will help it work more efficiently and prevent flare-ups. Clean the grates and interior with a grill brush and wash the exterior with warm, soapy water. Clean and organize your grilling tools (tongs, spatula, skewers) and pick up charcoal or propane if needed.
22.5″ Outdoor Backyard Cooking Kettle Charcoal Grill with Wheels
Outdoor BBQ Grill Barbecue Pit Patio Cooker
Charcoal Barbecue Patio Backyard Grill with Offset Smoker
If you have a gas grill, be sure to check the fuel line for cracks and clean out any clogged burner holes.
6. Maintenance and repair of garden trails.
Create neat edges, pulling grass, fill the gravel path with fresh gravel and replace or reposition the broken stepping stone.
Photo from Sunset Magazine
7. Clean the walls and paint. Use a vacuum dust accessory or electrostatic precipitator to remove dust from the wall, paying attention to corners and bottom plates. For deeper cleaning, wipe the walls with warm soapy water after the dust is dusted. Rinse with clean water and rinse with no flannel.
9. Refresh bedrooms. Rotate the mattresses on all beds and flip over if possible. Dust nightstands, lamps, headboards, blinds and decor. Swap heavy duvets for lighter-weight bedding for the warmer months.
Photo from House Beautiful
10. Thoroughly clean the laundry room. Run the washing machine with a specialty tub cleaner (or with vinegar for a natural solution) on a hot water cycle. Wipe the rubber rim inside the washer and dryer doors and remove lint from the dryer vent with a vent brush or vacuum attachment. Clean countertops, mop floors and restock supplies.
Photo from California Closets