Having lots of washing up to do on a weeknight will be a thing of the past with this fantastic one pan chicken dinner. We all love one pot meals not just because of the limited dishwashing, but also because of how practical they are for busy weeknights. Let’s face it, after a rushed day at the office, a cramped journey on the subway and speed-walking home from the station trying to dodge the rain, the last thing you need is to come home and start cooking loads of complicated dishes only to find yourself with lots of complicated washing up to do after.
This autumn dinner recipe is perfectly simple, tasty, and not to mention warming – just what you need on a nippy autumn evening. Are you ready to see just how easy it is to put together? Then take a look at the following list of ingredients and the all-important recipe that will take you through the steps for making this one-pot wonder in a jiffy.
Ingredients – (serves four):
● 4 to 6 skin-on chicken thighs
● 5 tbsps of extra virgin olive oil
● 5 tbsps of dry red wine
● 4 medium size cloves of garlic
● 1tsp of rosemary
● 1tsp of thyme
● 1tsp of sage or another herb of your choice
● Salt to taste
● 1 tsp of freshly ground black pepper
● 1 large sweet potato
● 1 pound of brussel sprouts (washed)
● 1 large white onion
● 6 slices of maple or honey glazed bacon
Once you have got together all of the above mentioned ingredients then it is time to get started with the recipe. Take a look at the following instructions that will assist you with making the very best one pan autumn chicken dinner ready for the family to enjoy this evening.
1. Preheat the oven to 450 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Pour the extra virgin olive oil, red wine, crushed garlic, rosemary, thyme, sage, salt, and freshly ground black pepper into a medium sized bowl and stir together.
3. Add the chicken thighs to the mixing bowl, and massage the juices onto the chicken. Leave to one side. Chop the bacon slices and then set to one side.
4. Chop the sweet potato into cubes, cut the brussel sprouts into halves and dice your onion into small wedges.
5. Lightly grease a baking sheet or pan with extra virgin olive oil and then scatter the sweet potato, brussel halves, and onion wedges onto the baking sheet and toss around the pan so that the veggies become coated in olive oil.
6. Roughly arrange the veggies into a layer on the baking sheet and then place the chicken thighs on top. Drizzle any remaining chicken marinate over the chicken thighs. Spread the chopped bacon slices over the veggies.
7. Roast in the oven for 30 to 40 minutes or until the chicken and veggies are golden brown. Serve warm and use any juices that have accumulated on the bottom of the baking pan to drizzle over the chicken as desired.
And there you have it, a simple one pan autumn chicken dinner that will take you less than an hour to rustle together at the end of a busy weekday evening. This recipe is one of my favorites as you can easily add in or swap out some of the veggies for ones that you know your family will love. Why not try adding carrots, parsnips, squash or even cherry tomatoes to the mix?
Another great thing about this recipe is the selection of herbs it contains but why not add the flavors you love into the mix? Once you have created the perfect balance of veggies and herbs you will have your very own personalized one pan autumn chicken dinner recipe built with your family in mind!