Now is your chance if you’ve been waiting patiently to fill your home with holiday decor. Remember to decorate your Indoor Electric Fireplaces mantel in addition to your Christmas tree and draping garlands from your staircase. It can be not easy to find new ideas year after year, so we’ve compiled a list of the best Christmas mantel decor ideas, including everything from garlands, string lights, and stockings to entire Christmas villages and DIY advent calendars.
1. Pair of Red Stockings
Use adhesive hooks to hang a garland on your mantel, and warm up the space with bright red stockings. Tip: Glue ball fringe or ribbon to store-bought stockings to dress them up.
2. Candlelit Cozy
Create a monochromatic display of candles of various heights and sizes for a warm winter feel. Sprigs of greenery and neutral stockings are layered with rustic ribbons.
3. Magnolia Wreath Who says wreaths are only for the front door? Bring the outdoors in by placing a magnolia wreath in the centre of your mantel, surrounded by greenery and other natural elements.
4. Winter white (and Gold) The houses, trees, and stockings add a holiday feel to this mantel without going overboard on the red and green – the use of Gold and white ties everything together.
5. Brightly coloured trees and white stockings Instead of a garland, try this mantel with pink, blue, and green trees and a simple green wreath.
6. Christmas in the shade Add some blue to your decor for a unique look, like this classic mantel with blue ribbon, hanging ornaments, and gold cowbells.
7. Traditional Christmas The colours red, white, and green work well together on this mantel, with a few touches of contrasting black, such as the black-and-white wallpaper used as a background for the wreath.
8. Make a Glow Twinkling string lights can be used to create a dreamy mantel look. For a classic look, stick to warm white colours.
9. Excessive Ornamentation Christmas isn’t complete without ornaments. Any extra ornaments can be strung along your mantel for an unexpected garland look. Then, to amp up the theme, fill bowls with them.
10. Scene from a Village If you’ve always been enamoured with the Christmas village scenes you’ve seen in movies, mini houses in various sizes and colours will bring that charm into your living room.
11. Numerous Gifts There’s no reason why Christmas presents have to be kept under the tree. Decorate your mantel with a few of your favourite items.
12. Traditional Arrangement A mantel decked out in ice-skate stockings adds colour to a traditional living room. Remember to finish it with a wreath for a picture-perfect finish.
13. Red All Over There’s a reason why red and green are synonymous with Christmas – and this mantel uses that classic colour palette, with a heavy emphasis on red, to create a cosy festive vibe. Initial ornaments are also used to personalise the stockings.
14. Eucalyptus DIY Decorate your mantel with paper eucalyptus garland to show off your DIY skills. The lush greenery is a simple way to add colour to your mantel decor.
15. Retro Style There is no reason flea market finds couldn’t end up on your Christmas mantel. It’s a no-fail way to add character to your room, whether you’ve found the perfect vintage globe or old window.
16. Winter Forest If you adore the winter woodland look, hang a pom-pom wreath, display mini animals such as a deer or hedgehog, and add earth-toned bottle brush trees of varying heights.
17. Abundant Boughs No Christmas colour scheme is more straightforward than green and white. Combine a boxwood wreath with a lush garland and white flowers for a holiday mantel that brings the outdoors in.
18. Christmas Symbols Skip the garland in favour of framed photos of your favourite holiday quotes, and elevate your mantel with rustic name tags on your stockings.
19. Neon Mantel Traditional Christmas colours take a back seat on this ’80s-inspired mantel, which features bright acrylic trees and wall-hung handmade ornaments.
20. Felt Garland Mantel Felt may bring back memories of elementary school, but this festive garland is far from childish. Furthermore, putting it together is a fun Christmas craft day.
21. Advent Calendar in a Burlap Bag Make your DIY advent calendar the centre of attention with a display that puts it front and centre so you can feel the excitement of Christmas as it approaches.
22. Rose Gold Mantel A copper banner, rose gold trees, and the words “Silent Night” written in calligraphy adorn this mantel. It’s not traditional, but it still appears festive.
23. Antique Mirror Decorate with a non-traditional piece – in this case, a vintage mirror – and then surround it with candlesticks, bottle brush trees, and garland.
24. Candlelight Christmas Create a cosy Christmas atmosphere by filling a mantel with candles of varying heights.
25. Brightly coloured trees and white stockings Instead of a garland, try this mantel with pink, blue, and green trees and a simple green wreath.
26. Old-World Charm Greenery, candlesticks, and even handmade wooden stockings can bring back memories of Christmases past.
27. Scandinavian Style Look at this simple Scandinavian decor with lots of wood (including horse statues) and traditional touches.
28. Holiday Banner Deck the halls with lots of greenery, then finish with a fun banner and fuzzy white stockings.
29. All Vibrant A magnolia wreath crowns this colourful mantel, featuring handmade tags, bottle brush trees, and DIY-wrapped moss balls.
30. Christmas Village This “home for the holidays” mantel delivers with its silver Christmas village – and then ups the ante with the glittery garland and pops of red.
As you scroll through this list, you’ll find so many decorations of fireplaces with traditional red and green decor, simple mantels with all-white designs, and stunning displays defined by blue and gold tones. This Christmas, decorate your Indoor Electric Fireplaces very nicely.